In view of the recent corona-virus outbreak, I would like to keep you informed of the additional procedures we are implementing to protect you, our staff and the community in general.
At Clarke dental, we have always had a strong commitment to infection control. We are members of the Australian Dental Association and the practice has had regular voluntary auditing on infection control for the last 20 years. We have been keeping up to date on the latest recommendations from health authorities to ensure safety for all.
Our practice remains open and is following the guidelines recommended by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Victorian Government. Australia has some of the most rigorous infection control standards in the world. The Federal Health Minister has confirmed that essential services, like dentistry will continue to operate as normal.
We do ask however, that if you are feeling unwell or have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, that you contact us by phone to re-schedule your appointment.
We have also implemented additional measures in the running of the practice.
- If you are feeling unwell, have flu-like symptoms or respiratory symptoms, please do not attend the clinic. Please contact us by phone and re-schedule your appointment.
- If you have travelled overseas, or have been in contact with someone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days, please re-schedule your appointment.
- Please clean your hands with the hand sanitizer provided both on entering and leaving the practice.
We have implemented additional procedures in the practice
- Common use areas (door handles, waiting room chairs etc) are being wiped several times daily
- We have removed magazines, books and toys from the waiting room.
- All patients will be required to use a mouth rinse (peroxide based) at the beginning and the end of the appointment. These rinses have been shown to be effective against this virus.
We will keep you informed of any further developments.